- We are remaining open during lockdown 2 primarily to resource education, film and Arts projects which are able to continue working within the current government regulations.
- Please contact us in advance by phone or email and tell us in detail what you need.
- We will prepare your order and add surplus items where necessary, free of charge.
- Book an appointment and come to the store ONLY to collect or deliver back items, at the time agreed.
- Come alone to the store, or if necessary with one other person only.
- Wear your mask(s) and keep your visit brief.
- In special circumstances we may be able to prepare a rail of options for you to choose from; you will be given gloves to handle them.
- You won’t be able to try costumes on but you can come back and exchange items for more suitable ones.
- Deposits and hire fees will be paid by invoice or card, as applicable.
- Donations and Rehoming scheme: we are not able to receive or gift ‘give-away’ costumes and other items during lockdown.
Please Read our full procedures below
This system will be reviewed every week, in line with the changing situation and we will update this information accordingly. Events might necessitate full closure, or we may decide ourselves at a given point that it is the best course of action.
PRIOR TO COLLECTION / DELIVERY please make sure you have:
- a confirmed appointment slot, agreeing to the pre-appointment statement which you will have been sent.
- planned to come alone or if necessary with one other person only.
- planned to collect or deliver items only, unless we have agreed that we can briefly show you a rail of costumes,
outside (weather permitting) or at the front of the store
- If you are hiring items, contacted us in advance, by email or phone, and told us the following:
- what amount and type of costumes / props / artefacts you need.
- or which resource box you need, including theme, size of box (see more info here) and how long you need it for.
- Once we have confirmed that we have the items you need we will ask for further info e.g. theme, sizes, measurements, ages
(if for children).
- With suitable notice your items will be prepared at least 3 days in advance, and not handled until your arrival
(i.e. Tues for a Fri pick-up / Fri for Tues pick-up).
- Please do not attend your appointment if you feel at all unwell.
- Upon arrival please wait outside (weather permitting) until we greet you, with your mask on.
- Be ready for a non-contact temperature check if you need to enter the store.
- Once in the store, remain in the reception area, just inside the front door, from where we will handle your collection or delivery.
- Remember to social distance (2m, or 1m where 2m isn’t possible).
- Wear the gloves provided if you will be handling items.
- Your hire order or purchase will be ready for you, outside or in reception.
- Payments: onsite contactless / card payments or invoicing where applicable.
- Items will be listed (sometimes photographed) and handed over to you in sealed (e.g. zipped / tied) bags, boxes or garment covers.
- You will be given a paper copy of the hire form and sent any photos by email WhatsApp.
- Depending on the type of hire, usual procedures regarding cleaning of costumes will apply.
Returning hired items:
Our procedures for returning costumes will be explained to you in store. Key points are:
- Make an appointment to return costumes.
- Make sure to check everything off your list before items are returned to us.
- Seal all bags and quarantine for 48hrs before returning them to us.
- We will check off a small hire on the day and larger hires after 48 hrs quarantine in the store.
- If you have taken surplus items, let us know which you used, ideally in advance, by email.
OUR COVID-SAFETY PROMISE TO YOU
- Daily temperature checks of our staff and volunteers.
- Rigorous covid-safety procedures in store, including designated individual work zones.
- Your costumes / items left untouched for at least 48 hours prior to your collection.
- School resource boxes, and most other orders will have been quarantined in sealed boxes or bags for 3 days.
- Staff and volunteers wear mask and gloves whilst interacting with you and handling your collection / delivery during your appointment.
- Indoor space is well ventilated and we deal with every customer outdoors as much as is practically possible.
- Appointments are spaced apart to avoid customers overlapping.
We are doing all we can to remain open and in addition to social distancing measures we are complying with government requirements and industry guidelines in relation to the handling of garments and fabric. That said we are not able to guarantee non-transmission of the virus, therefore you need to assess and accept the relative risk of visiting Gladrags.
DONATIONS AND RE-HOMING SCHEME:
Donations: thank you for thinking of us. We are not able to accept donations during lockdown but if you are considering gifting items to us post-lockdown, please see our procedures at https://www.gladragscostumes.org.uk/donate-costumes.html
Rehoming scheme: we are not able to re-home and gift costumes and other items to charities and community groups during lockdown, however if you are looking for specific items, please contact us so that we can reserve items for you post-lockdown.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these unusual times.