- We are open two days a week (Tues and Fri 10-6) to allow for a natural quarantine period between days for our costumes and artefacts.
- Please contact us in advance as far as possible and tell us in detail what you need.
- There are three ways to book costumes and resource boxes (see below).
- Book an appointment for up to two people at a time only and try to keep your visit brief.
- Costumes can be tried on over clothes in the reception area and you take surplus costumes with you, free of charge, for fittings away from the store.
- We have covid-safety procedures in place to keep you and us safe.
Please Read our full procedures below
2. PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT please make sure you have:
a CONFIRMED APPOINTEMENT SLOT
- told us what costumes / props / resource boxes you need and sent us any additional info (e.g. measurements / theme) as agreed between us.
- planned to come alone or with one other person only (if you are responsible for other people’s costumes, you can take garments for them to try on away from the store, free of charge).
- planned a maximum 1 hour visit as far as possible (not including waiting for a costume list)
Please do not attend your appointment if you feel at all unwell.
3. YOUR VISIT:
- Upon arrival please use the hand sanitizer provided, ring the bell and wait for us to greet you, with your mask on.
- Remember to social distance, both with us and your own colleagues (2m, or 1m where 2m isn’t possible).
- Wear the gloves provided if you will be handling items.
- Keep your belongings with you.
We have split the store into separate zones. Gladrags staff will be working individually in these zones and selecting costumes will work as follows:
- There are three options for viewing / selecting costumes etc. (see below); we will determine with you the most practical approach.
- Our changing rooms are not currently open, however you can ask to try outfits on over clothes, in the reception area. Anything tried on that will subsequently not be hired will be quarantined.
- You will be able to take away surplus costume options to be tried on away from the store, paying hire costs only for items you ultimately use.
- If you need a large number of costumes you may need to make more than one visit.
Option 1 - view a prepared rail:
- Inform us in advance of:
- what amount and type of costumes / props / artefacts you need.
- or which resource box you need, including theme, size of box (see more info here) and how long you need it for.
- We will source options ready for you to view and select from.
- You will be able to request further options when you are here, to get the best selection, and depending on the customer-flow of the day, you may be able to search independently in specific zones.
Option 2 – click and collect:
- Applicable to Resource Boxes and Dress-Up Boxes, other requests are by arrangement.
- Inform us in advance of your needs, as above.
- Items will be prepared, listed and bagged, ready for instant pick up.
- With suitable notice your items will be prepared at least 3 days in advance, and not handled until your arrival (i.e. Tues for a Fri pick-up / Fri for Tues pick-up).
Option 3: rummage slot:
- Full browsing session, one slot per day at 4.30pm; particularly suitable if you know the store well and you need a wide range of costumes from across the store.
- You would need to accept the risk of browsing where our staff and volunteers will have been doing so during the day.
- You will need to be well organised and try to complete your search in one zone before moving on to the next, bringing chosen items to a designated rail in reception.
4. HIRE TRANSACTIONS
- Items will be listed / photographed and handed over to you in sealed (e.g. zipped / tied) bags, boxes or garment covers.
- You will be given a paper copy of the hire form and sent any photos by email or WhatsApp.
- Depending on the type of hire, usual procedures regarding cleaning of costumes will apply.
- Payments: onsite contactless / card payments or invoicing are preferable.
Returning hired items:
Our procedures for returning costumes will be explained to you in store. Key points are:
Make an appointment to return costumes.
- Make sure to check everything off your list before items are returned to us.
- Seal all bags and quarantine for 48hrs before returning them to us.
- If you have taken surplus items, let us know which you used, and separate out any items that need cleaning.
5. OUR COVID-SAFETY PROMISE TO YOU:
Rigorous covid-safety procedures in store, including designated individual work zones and a well-ventilated space.
- We keep a record of all visitors’ contact details for 21 days for the purposes of Track and Trace
- School resource boxes, and most other pre-orders will have been quarantined in sealed boxes or bags for 3 days.
- Staff and volunteers wear mask and gloves whilst interacting with you and handling your collection / delivery on the day of your appointment.
- Appointments are spaced apart to avoid customers overlapping.
We are doing all we can to remain open and in addition to social distancing measures we are complying with government requirements and industry guidelines in relation to the handling of garments and fabric and the risk of surface transmission. That said, we are not able to guarantee non-transmission of the virus, therefore you need to assess and accept the relative risk of visiting Gladrags.
6. DONATIONS AND RE-HOMING:
Donations of costumes, props and artefacts: thank you for thinking of us, we are so grateful for your continued support. Please see our procedures here.
Rehoming scheme: we have surplus costumes and fabrics to gift to schools, charities and community groups. Please contact us here to enquire.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these unusual times.